Early Skincare Tips
If you want to be proactive about your skincare, you can prevent wrinkles so that you don’t have to use more extreme methods at any point and you can avoid using a more expensive wrinkle creams until much later on. It’s a simple matter of knowing what you’re doing. In earlier years, when many of our parents were growing up, the idea was to get as tan as possible all the time, and even now plenty of people are taking that path, and they are finding out only in later years that it was rather detrimental to their skin, as many are now finding that fast food can be. There are various factors that go into skincare, and hindsight is 20/20. But many are wishing that they had taken better care when they were younger. So if you are at a point of prevention in your life, there are a few things to do.
1. Eat a healthy diet-your skin needs vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants to prevent and kill off antioxidants, function in general, and really preserve its youthful appearance while healing at a faster rate to prevent scars and even getting rid of acne, which is a common problem in younger age groups. This will help you in larger ways than any other step in this general process.
2. Drink more water-water keeps the skin plumper, lightly hydrated so that it’s not oily, and frankly dry skin generally speaking can be quite wrinkly and otherwise. You should drink 8 glasses of water per day minimum. However, if you drink an extra glass, it will go quite a long way in helping you to achieve the best results.
3. Wear sunscreen-whether you are driving along in your car or out sunbathing, always wear sunscreen or sun block with a minimum of 30SPF. Most say 15, I say 30, because you do need that extra protection in general terms. On cloudier days, you could potentially go down to 15SPF. But the reality is that it’s the times when you don’t think about it that really get your skin in general.
4. Don’t smoke-It’s harmful to your health, and quite frankly it’s harmful to your skin. It restricts blood flow throughout the skin restricting the delivery of vital nutrients and moisture among other things. Plus when you pucker, in combination with said factors, it can cause greater wrinkles in general terms.
5. Supplement omega 3 into your diet-good fatty acids are necessary to your health as a whole. It moisturizes your skin without making it oily, and frankly it keeps it up in general, preserving elasticity and fighting off the common signs of aging.
6. Get enough sleep-this can prevent dark circles and bags for obvious reasons, even temporary ones. But it also helps your skin to rejuvenate itself. If you use a night cream during the night, it will take advantage of the fact that your skin is already repairing itself to some degree and also opening up the pores for greater benefits in general.
7. Use a good moisturizer-a light moisturizer can take care of that element of your skin from the outside without actually clogging the pores. Many have found that just by using a light moisturizer, they have been able to hold off aging to a greater degree, especially when you start young, looking years younger than someone who did not.
8. Use a gentle exfoliator-your skin is often clogged by dead skin cells and other elements even including makeup. A wash cannot get rid of some of these problems. However, if you use a gentle exfoliator, you can get rid of many dead skin cells and therefore allow your skin to breathe and consequentially actually heal at a faster rate and prevent wrinkles.